Sunday, May 21, 2017

Porch Sitting, yes please

It's been raining
 and 
my porch is the best place
 to enjoy the showers.

With every rock I rock 
 and
 every sip I sip, 
it's like  taking
 relaxing to another level.

One thing a southerner
 "must have"
 is a porch. 
 It completes the ideal home.

We southerners enjoy porch sitting,
especially
 at night with a glass of tea or lemonade.

If we say so ourselves, 
porches
are great spaces to socialize with neighbors.

We take pride in greeting ALL passers-by.
 It's not important to know the name, 
we just speak.

I will admit, 
the humidity does limit
 my time outside in
 July and August.



My southern design porch comes 
with comfy black rockers 
dressed 
with throw pillows




 My go to colors are black, white
 and fuchsia. 
The pillows are Hobby Lobby finds.
I purchased the rug at Targets summer end sale last year.






I added white geranium 
to complete the scene.


Versus investing in new lanterns,
 I spray painted to match the rockers
and
removed the broken glass.  
I love the larger size and shape.

My opinion,
if it works, keep it.
It may become a conversational piece. 





The smaller candles are timer candles I used
during winter,
especially
  Christmas season.







Thanks for sharing a few moments
 with me.  
Until next time,

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment